Sahara launches mobile retail vans
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
To compliment the existing 1,057 Sahara Q retail stores across 13 Indian states, Sahara India Pariwar on Tuesday launched Quality Mobile Shop (QMS) or mobile retail vans. The launch was marked by Sahara chairman Subrata Roy Sahara, who flagged off 109 QMS vans in Lucknow. In its first phase, 181 QMS vans will cater to consumers in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan and Bihar.
The QMS vans will provide the entire range of Sahara Q Shop's merchandise. Each van will travel on a defined route to provide the products to customers.
"Quality Mobile Shop is a distribution model adopted to reach out to tier II and tier III cities faster and compliment our present operations," Roy said on the occasion. By the fiscal end, the company aims to have a network of 500 QMS vans in eight states.