Sai football trials on July 20, 21
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Sports Authority of India will conduct trials for S.A.I.extension centre for football at New Public School, Sector 18, here on July 20 and 21, according to Principal R D Singh.Trials will be conducted for under-14 (born on or after 1-1-1996), under-17 (1-1-93) and under-19 (1-1-91). Interested players should get themselves registered on July 20 at 9 am.They should bring their sports certificate, original date of birth certificate and two passport size photographs.
St Soldier's Football Trophy from July 29
The Chandigarh Football Association is organising the Under-16 State Football Championship for Saint Soldier's Trophy from July 29 at the Sector 17 Football Stadium here. According to CFA secretary Rakesh Bakshi, players born on or after January 1, 1995, are eligible to take part in the four-day championship.
The association will also select 25 probables for coaching camp to prepare the state team for the Sub-Junior National Football Championship for Under-16 to be held in September.
Hot Weather Cricket from July 22
The Chandigarh Sports Department is organising the Hot Weather Cricket Tournament from July 23 at the Sector 16 Cricket Stadium here. The winners and runners-up will be given cash prizes besides the running trophies.
Entry along with a fee of Rs 1000 per team should be given to Naib Singh, senior manger, Sector 16 Stadium or Sports Department cricket coach Harish Sharma or Chandigarh Sports Council cricket coach Sanjeev Pathania before July 20 at 5 p.m.
Bobby Fischer tournament on anvil
The Chandigarh Chess Club will organise Bobby Fischer Memorial Open Chess Championship from July 24 to 26 at Parshuram Bhawan, Sector 37-C, Chandigarh. Total prize money will be Rs 15,000. Interested players may contact Nitin at 9888753039 before July 20 till 8:00 pm. For more information Chandigarh Chess Club's website is available at www.chandigarhchessclub.com.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express