SAI Lucknow overcome KU to clinch title
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Mumbai Indians take on KKR in opener
A golden goal by Raj Kumar Pal guided Sports Authority of India, Lucknow to a 4-3 win over Kurukshetra University in the final of the Seventh All Indian Jagtar memorial Hockey Tournament held at Ludhiana on Friday.
The match began on an attacking note as Kurukshetra University made constant attacks into the opposition half. Their efforts proved fruitful when Naveen Sangwan opened the account for Kurukshetra University. Mukesh scored the second goal for the Kurukshetra team in the 14th minute.
Down by two goals, Sports Authority of India, Lucknow team regrouped their energies and made some fine sallies into the opposition half. Raj Kumar Pal pulled back one for the SAI team in the 16th minute.
At the end of the first half, Kurukshetra University were leading by 2-1.The second half saw Sports Authority of India, Lucknow team taking control of the match and their forwards dominated the proceedings. Abhishek Singh scored the second goal for the Lucknow team in the 46th minute to make it 2-2.
Eleven minutes later, Singh socred his second goal of the match to put the Lucknow team ahead by 3-2. Down by one goal, the Kurukshetra team toiled hard and Naveen Sangwan scored the equaliser for the team in the 63rd minute of the match.
Raj Kumar Pal scored the fourth goal for the Lucknow team in extra time to set up the 4-3 win for the team. Earlier in the day, Namdhari XI scored a 2-1 win over Surjit Hockey Academy, Jalandhar to claim the third place.