Saif Ali Khan enters 100 crore club, looking forward to Bullet Raja
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
"It was long due for him", says a close associate, "Other than the Khans, Akshay Kumar, Ajay Devgn and Hrithik Roshan are already in this club while Ranbir Kapoor is the youngest lot. Now with the entry into the 100 crore club, Saif has finally got rid of the monkey from his back."
The Abbas-Mustan directed film, which had opened to average reviews and some mixed word of mouth managed to hang on quite well for two weeks in succession, especially after benefiting from the Republic Day holiday. Moreover with Vishwaroop and David not quite posing a challenge, Race 2 managed to enjoy a rather uninterrupted run, hence achieving the feat in exactly two weeks.
"Saif was quite disappointed when Agent Vinod didn't do well last year. In fact he had put his money on the film to be a 100 crore eairner. There was good respite though with Cocktail turning out to be a clean hit. Now with Race 2 doing well too, he has consolidated his position in the big league", adds a source.
However as they, picture abhi baaki hai. The next big target for Saif is to deliver a 100 crore biggie where he is a solo lead.
"His Bullet Raja with Tigmanshu Dhulia follows next while a biggie with Sajid Khan is also in the pipeline. These films feature him as a solo lead should allow him to get there", the associate adds.