Saif, Sonakshi romance in Kolkata bylanes
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha rode a tram and then a hand-pulled rickshaw with Saif Ali Khan following her in an unbuttoned shirt to take passers-by in the city's Dalhousie area by surprise today.
Shooting for their film 'Bullet Raja', the stars are these days capturing the old-world charm of Kolkata with its Victorian era heritage structures, hand-pulled rickshaws and signature trams.
Led by director Tigmanshu Dhulia, the actors today shot in the Dalhousie area of central Kolkata where the 'Dabangg' actress rode a tram and a hand-pulled rickshaw.
Saif sported a rustic look as he plays a kurta-clad gun-toting goon from Lucknow who follows his love to Kolkata.
Sonakshi, who wore a bright red salwar, plays a Bengali girl in the thriller.
They are also shooting a song sequence in the city, in which Saif serenades Sonakshi in the narrow by-lanes of north Kolkata.
Exploring the narrow lanes and bylanes and the grand old mansions of north Kolkata, the team will shoot in other locations such as Princep Ghat, Kumartuli, flower market and the famous Laha Bari.
The Vidya Balan starrer superhit film 'Kahaani' (2012) had prominently captured the unique landscape of Kolkata on the silver screen.
Saif has shot for films like 'Parineeta' and 'Love Aaj Kal' in Kolkata before.
Sonakshi too has been to Bengal before to shoot her other upcoming film 'Lootera' with Ranveer Singh.