Saifai Mahotsav begins, Govt works overtime for its success
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Eminent littérateur Kedar Nath Singh inaugurated the 15-day - Saifai Mahotsav in Etawah on Friday. Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, MPs Ram Gopal Yadav and Dharmendra Yadav and several dignitaries were present on the ocassion.
The district administration, cultural department and other official machinery is working overtime to make the event a success. District Magistrate P Guruprasad has cancelled the leave of all employees in the district. Special 44 buses will ply from Etawah and adjoining places to the venue. Nearly 800 stalls have been put up by different organisations. Special handicrafts items are major attraction.
Aparna Yadav, wife of Mulayam's younger son Prateek, sang three bhajans after the inauguration.
Saifai Mahotsav is organised every year since 1996 in the memory of Ranveer Singh who was Akhilesh's cousin.