Saifai Mahotsav begins, Govt works overtime for its success
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Eminent littérateur Kedar Nath Singh inaugurated the 15-day - Saifai Mahotsav in Etawah on Friday. Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, MPs Ram Gopal Yadav and Dharmendra Yadav and several dignitaries were present on the ocassion.
The district administration, cultural department and other official machinery is working overtime to make the event a success. District Magistrate P Guruprasad has cancelled the leave of all employees in the district. Special 44 buses will ply from Etawah and adjoining places to the venue. Nearly 800 stalls have been put up by different organisations. Special handicrafts items are major attraction.
Aparna Yadav, wife of Mulayam's younger son Prateek, sang three bhajans after the inauguration.
Saifai Mahotsav is organised every year since 1996 in the memory of Ranveer Singh who was Akhilesh's cousin.