Saifai Mahotsav begins, Govt works overtime for its success
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
Eminent littérateur Kedar Nath Singh inaugurated the 15-day - Saifai Mahotsav in Etawah on Friday. Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, MPs Ram Gopal Yadav and Dharmendra Yadav and several dignitaries were present on the ocassion.
The district administration, cultural department and other official machinery is working overtime to make the event a success. District Magistrate P Guruprasad has cancelled the leave of all employees in the district. Special 44 buses will ply from Etawah and adjoining places to the venue. Nearly 800 stalls have been put up by different organisations. Special handicrafts items are major attraction.
Aparna Yadav, wife of Mulayam's younger son Prateek, sang three bhajans after the inauguration.
Saifai Mahotsav is organised every year since 1996 in the memory of Ranveer Singh who was Akhilesh's cousin.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'