Sajid Khan will not direct Housefull 3
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The success of the Housefull franchise sent director Sajid Khan on a high, as the two films Housefull and Housefull 2, did well at the box-office. With the kind of box-office success that the two films recorded, it's no surprise that Nadiadwala is planning a third installment to the film. However, the third film will not be directed by Sajid Khan.
Reasoning that since he had a three film deal with Khan which culminated with Housefull 2, the forthcoming installment will not feature the director helming the project says Nadiadwala. Reportedly, Sajid will be busy with two back to back films with Vashu Bhagnani and UTV and he won't have time to do Nadiadwala's film until next year, while Nadiadwala plans to start Housefull 3 shoot early next year.
As for the cast, the third part will retain Akshay Kumar and Riteish Deshmukh while Nadiadwala plans to rope in 2 more actors and 3 actresses. The film will directed by another director whose name is yet to be announced.