Sajid Khan will not direct Housefull 3
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
The success of the Housefull franchise sent director Sajid Khan on a high, as the two films Housefull and Housefull 2, did well at the box-office. With the kind of box-office success that the two films recorded, it's no surprise that Nadiadwala is planning a third installment to the film. However, the third film will not be directed by Sajid Khan.
Reasoning that since he had a three film deal with Khan which culminated with Housefull 2, the forthcoming installment will not feature the director helming the project says Nadiadwala. Reportedly, Sajid will be busy with two back to back films with Vashu Bhagnani and UTV and he won't have time to do Nadiadwala's film until next year, while Nadiadwala plans to start Housefull 3 shoot early next year.
As for the cast, the third part will retain Akshay Kumar and Riteish Deshmukh while Nadiadwala plans to rope in 2 more actors and 3 actresses. The film will directed by another director whose name is yet to be announced.