Sakinaka double murder: Accused went ‘insane with jealousy’, say cops
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
A man arrested on Monday for killing his wife suspecting her of having an affair has told police he was driven by jealousy. Shyam Inchaal (35) said during interrogation that he would go "insane with jealousy" every time he saw his wife interacting with another man, and he has had several tiffs with her on this count, police revealed.
Inchaal had on Monday stabbed wife Seema (35) to death in their residence in Sangharsh Nagar, Saki Naka, suspecting she was having an affair with his colleague Nitesh Gonge (27), whom he had called to his house after making preparations for a showdown with him, police investigations reveal.
Gonge had reached his house along with Rajendra Rane, another colleague and Inchaal attacked both of them, police said. While Rane was killed in the attack, Gonge suffered multiple stab wounds and is under treatment.
"Inchaal has confessed but there isn't much remorse in his behaviour. He said he could not stand his wife interacting with other men, and there have been prior disagreements between them over the issue. He had recently bought her a new cell phone and SIM card and had told her not to give the number to even her parents. When Gonge called her on the number, he flew into a rage," said Assistant Commissioner of Police Shantilal Bhamre, Saki Naka division.
Inchaal has told police that a year ago, when he used to stay in Kandivali with his family, he had assaulted Seema as he suspected her of having an affair with a watchman, police said.
As Inchaal had surrendered and confessed to having committed the crime, police are considering recording his statement in presence of a judicial magistrate.
Inchaal has said he planned to have a full fledged confrontation with Gonge about his suspicions, and had sent his children to a neighbour's residence as soon as Gonge arrived with Rane, police said.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer