Sale of gutkha banned in Uttarakhand for 1 year
- SC allows Italian marine Girone to fly home after Centre backs plea on humanitarian grounds
- India's states have to help navigate country's growth: Modi tells Journal
- 'Under PM Modi, decision making has replaced policy paralysis witnessed during UPA regime'
- Economy’s green shoots yet to strike roots: Private investment still frozen
- Amit Shah nuances 'Congress-mukt Bharat': Freedom from Congress system
Uttarakhand government has banned the sale of gutkha, pan masala and other similar products with nicotine content for a year.
The manufacturing, sale and hoarding of gutkha and similar stuff has been put under a blanket ban for the next one year, Food Commissioner Ranbeer Singh said on Wednesday.
The ban will be reviewed after a year and its period may also be extended, he said, warning stern action against violators.
- Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating
- After the initial euphoria, Modi government has created widespread despondency
- Fixing the learning deficit requires a lot more than right kind of tracking technology
- The problem begins with the way we define “urban” and “rural”
- Modi govt’s backward-looking instincts pulls down its forward-looking mission
- Judge-population ratio is not the apt parameter to determine judiciary’s strength