Salman Khan asks for strict punishment in Delhi gangrape case
- BJP's election manifesto is for, by and of Narendra Modi
- Malaysian Airlines MH370 hunt: Search for plane to move deep into Indian Ocean
- Odisha: BJP gains on Modi name, Naveen may slip in his toughest fight
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
- Tonight in Delhi, an evening of style and class with Pietersen
"The first thought which comes to the mind is – such people should be killed - but there are too many things which we have to follow. It is a shame that such a thing has happened, how can somebody commit such a heinous crime.
"If not death they should be sentenced for life so that they learn a lesson. Rapists are beaten up in jails also," said Salman, during a press conference to promote his upcoming movie "Dabangg 2".
A para-medical student, who was travelling with a male friend in private bus, was gangraped inside the moving vehicle in South Delhi.
Salman, however, defended the police, saying, "I think citizens should be more responsible, with only the efforts of our police this cannot be solved. We cannot have one cop sitting in every bus. People have to stand up against what's
wrong and voice their opinion." .
"Dabangg 2", directed by Salman's younger brother Arbaaz, will see the actor reprising the role of a cool cop 'Chulbul Pandey' again in the sequel. The movie will hit the theatres this Friday.
"I am really excited and nervous about the project. It is a very special movie and there are a lot of expectation from it. But I am sure people will like it," Arbaaz said.
The movie marks the directorial debut of Arbaaz and he feels lucky to have got a mega project as his first one.
"I am lucky to have a superstar in my first film and 'Dabangg' was a hit so there was a pressure while making the sequel. But I think this opportunity has come at the right time and I am happy to have taken it up."
Arbaaz feels what works in favour of "Dabangg" is having Salman in it as he has added a personal style to the character of Chulbul Pandey.
"Salman is the most bankable star in the industry today, there is no doubt about it. His charisma and personal style compliments the character of the film," he added.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city