Salman Khan beats SRK, has 12 million followers on Facebook
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The New Year is spelling good on Bollywood actor Salman Khan, whose popularity has reached a new high. Bollywood's 'Dabangg' has beaten his arch-rival-turned-friend Shah Rukh Khan and has 12 million followers on social networking site Facebook.
Salman Khan, who has more than 5 million followers on Twitter, is trending as #12MillionSalmaniacsOnFB.
Bollywood's other leading Khans – Shah Rukh and Aamir are far behind at nearly 5 million followers. While megastar Amitabh Bachchan is at 8 million followers.
Salman Khan was also named the most searched Bollywood celebrities on Google in 2013.
Salman Khan's popularity can be credited to the controversies regarding the recently concluded game show 'Bigg Boss 7' which the actor hosts on weekends. Salman Khan, who hasn't had a single film release in 2013, is also all set to start 2014 with a bang with his upcoming action film 'Jai Ho'. Ever since the first look launch the film has been creating quite a buzz on the social networking sites.
Besides 'Jai Ho', Salman Khan has another releasein 2014 – 'Kick', which is under production.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express