Salman Khan debuts as award show host at 8th Renault Star Guild Awards
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
The 'Dabangg' superstar Salman Khan has taken the stage to host the 8th Renault Star Guild Awards 2013 in Mumbai, after scorching the small screen as a TV show host.
The 47-year-old actor, who usually chooses to stay away from award functions, made his debut as a host for the show.
"I think he is a great host. It has the quality to connect with people very closely across the television. He is very normal, very warm. I think he has all the good qualities of a host," actor Arshad Warsi said.
Filmmaker Karan Johar asserted that Khan is a Rock star and is hosting for the first time so he think the 'Maine Pyar Kiya' star will be fantastic.
" I know its going to be a blast, he is meant to entertain people in which ever capacity that he chooses to entertain whether he is hosting TV shows or Award shows or films or performing live so he has always been a great entertainer and I am sure today will be know less," actor Arjun Kapoor said.
Meanwhile, the 'Ek Tha Tiger' actor looked quiet nervous as it was his very first show!
"I do come in award shows for red carpet and performances but today I have come to host a show for the first time and I am very nervous. I don't know how will it go but I hope it goes well," Khan said.