Salman Khan debuts as award show host at 8th Renault Star Guild Awards
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
The 'Dabangg' superstar Salman Khan has taken the stage to host the 8th Renault Star Guild Awards 2013 in Mumbai, after scorching the small screen as a TV show host.
The 47-year-old actor, who usually chooses to stay away from award functions, made his debut as a host for the show.
"I think he is a great host. It has the quality to connect with people very closely across the television. He is very normal, very warm. I think he has all the good qualities of a host," actor Arshad Warsi said.
Filmmaker Karan Johar asserted that Khan is a Rock star and is hosting for the first time so he think the 'Maine Pyar Kiya' star will be fantastic.
" I know its going to be a blast, he is meant to entertain people in which ever capacity that he chooses to entertain whether he is hosting TV shows or Award shows or films or performing live so he has always been a great entertainer and I am sure today will be know less," actor Arjun Kapoor said.
Meanwhile, the 'Ek Tha Tiger' actor looked quiet nervous as it was his very first show!
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy