Salman Khan retains 'Jai Ho' distribution rights in three circuits
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
When you are sure about your product, you try to retain a certain share of the earnings for yourself. This has been a trend in the industry for long. Earlier it used to be keeping the overseas rights of a movie or getting a share in the film.
But Salman Khan has done something different. For his latest film, 'Jai Ho' he has retained the distribution rights in not one but three circuits.
According to a source related to the project, "Salim Khan who is also into distribution business, decided to keep three circuits of the film, while the film has been sold to Eros International for an astronomical price. The circuits are Central Province, Central India and Rajasthan."
Not many are aware that reportedly this humongous figure of `110 crore at which Eros has bought the film does not include satellite rights, a segment that forms the second highest stream of revenue for the industry. Khan had earlier already signed a deal of `500 crore with Star for satellite rights of all his movies.