Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan just greeted each other: Sohail Khan
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Two of Bollywood's biggest superstars Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan hugged and ended their five-year-old rivalry at politician Baba Siddiqui's Iftaar party on Sunday evening.
However, according to sources it would be utterly unrealistic to presume that that the cold war between the two Khans is over.
"Far from it," says a source close to Salman, "Bhai has said many times in the past that he would never again be friends with Shah Rukh Khan. Their differences are irreconcilable. And that's how it remains. The hug at the Iftaar party just happened because of circumstances. Neither Bhai nor Shah Rukh could say no to their host when he led Salman Khan to Shah Rukh Khan. They've the highest regard for him. And that's why they were both there at the same place at the same time. It was only because of the host that Bhai made that gesture. There is nothing more to it."
Adds Salman's brother Sohail who was present at the supposedly historic patch-up. "They just greeted each other. There is nothing more to it."
Several mutual friends of the warring Khans have tried to bring them together.
The most recent was Katrina Kaif, a close friend of Salman, she worked with Shah Rukh for the first time last year in Yash Chopra's Jab Tak Hai Jaan.
"Katrina tried to explain to Salman that Shah Rukh is a nice guy. But Salman won't listen to anyone about patching up with Shah Rukh," says a source.