Salman Khan to open restaurants and hospitals
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
Joining the bandwagon of actors into the business of food joint chains, actor Salman Khan is planning to open restaurants and hospitals and insists it is not for business but for a noble cause.
"We will start restaurants in metros first...We will open first in Mumbai and Pune and so on. The profits earned from them will go to the needy people living in metros. We will tie-up with someone who has the same kind of ideology... we are doing all this for a noble cause," Salman told PTI. Several B-town actors like Suneil Shetty, Dino Morea, Arjun Rampal and Mithun Chakraborty are already into hotel and restaurant business.
Salman runs a charitable organisation 'Being Human', with an aim to help the needy people in areas of education, healthcare and others. Now, he is planning to venture in new areas of business under the same name.
"We want people to come eat, drink and that is how they will in a way do charity. So when you are wearing something, eating or drinking something you are doing your bit of charity, it is all going to help people towards education and healthcare," the actor said, adding that he also intends to enter into healthcare segment by opening hospitals.
"We have plans of opening hospitals. We would be doing that...after restaurants are out. We need to earn money to put in a hospital, we need some time," Salman said. The actor yesterday opened the first 'Being Human' flagship store that has a clothing line and accessories.