Salsa contestants inspired IGT winner
- Lakhvi's release: PM Modi conveys India's concerns to China
- Modi must do to Raje, Swaraj what we did to Tomar: Arvind Kejriwal
- AIPMT test to be re-conducted on July 25: CBSE
- Palamu Express derails following blast by suspected Maoists in Jharkhand
- All Income Tax refunds to be put directly in bank accounts: CBDT
Sonali Majumdar and Maraju Sumath were declared the winners of India's Got Talent Season 4. A few years ago, Sumath who was not even aware of salsa impressed the judges with his excellent style and grace. He says, "I was learning Bollywood and hip-hop style of dancing. It is only after I saw a couple performing salsa on one of the seasons of India's Got Talent, that I decided to learn this dance form."
Keen to learn salsa, Sumath decided to train under the same choreographer who taught the couple on IGT. For a year, every weekend, he travelled from his home in Bhuwaneshwar to Kolkata, where the choreographer's Bivash Dance Academy was based. "After shuttling for my classes between two cities for a year, I finally took a break from studies and stayed in Kolkata for six months to learn the dance," says Sumath, who aims to compete at international competitions along with his partner Majumdar.