Salsa contestants inspired IGT winner
- Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
Sonali Majumdar and Maraju Sumath were declared the winners of India's Got Talent Season 4. A few years ago, Sumath who was not even aware of salsa impressed the judges with his excellent style and grace. He says, "I was learning Bollywood and hip-hop style of dancing. It is only after I saw a couple performing salsa on one of the seasons of India's Got Talent, that I decided to learn this dance form."
Keen to learn salsa, Sumath decided to train under the same choreographer who taught the couple on IGT. For a year, every weekend, he travelled from his home in Bhuwaneshwar to Kolkata, where the choreographer's Bivash Dance Academy was based. "After shuttling for my classes between two cities for a year, I finally took a break from studies and stayed in Kolkata for six months to learn the dance," says Sumath, who aims to compete at international competitions along with his partner Majumdar.
- As RSP gets cosy with Cong, CPI asks CPM to keep allies together
- ‘No. of strays in western suburbs 8 times more than in south Mumbai’
- We had three deficits. But credibility deficit was the most difficult to bridge
- Kejriwal in UP: Don’t make the mistake of electing Modi
- Congress first list hits and misses
- BJP’s Haryana dilemma: Rope in Chautala or stick to Bishnoi