Salunkhe is now Mr. Maharashtra as well
- Arunachal crisis: SC to hear Congress plea against President's rule at 2 pm
- 6 years later, the admission — ‘Yes, I shot him dead, he was unarmed, officer told me to’
- India is doing great, nobody talks about it, says Donald Trump
- NFHS report reveals 50% children under five years anaemic in West Bengal
- Toyota sells 10.15 million vehicles in 2015, remains world's biggest automaker
It was double delight for the Prashant Salunkhe. After he was crowned Mr. Mumbai a few days ago, Salunkhe went on to capture the Mr. Maharashtra title in the state competition organised by the Mahesh Landge Kreeda Pratishthan at Pimpri-Chinchwad on Sunday.
Salunkhe faced a strong challenge from Sangram Chaughule from the host town. Sangram, had beaten Deepak Tripathi to bag first place in the 85 kg weight class. Deepak had tormented Salunkhe earlier in the Mr. Mumbai competition only to lose narrowly. It was a repeat of that result where Salunkhe just about proved his superiority over Sangram and convinced the panel of judges to rule in his favour.
Salunkhe pocketed a whopping 1.51 lakh rupees, the biggest purse ever in the history of the state body building competition. It was literally a windfall for the top five contestants in each weight class with the winner's share being ten thousand of the total forty thousand at stake. In all, the prize money exceeded 4.5 lakhs with every contestant receiving a gift from the organisers. The competition was held under the auspices of the Maharashtra Body Builders Association.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU