Salunkhe is now Mr. Maharashtra as well
- Gujarat ranked best Indian state for business by World Bank
- India hails text-based negotiations on UN Security Council reforms
- Bihar polls: Manjhi 'fully satisfied' with 20 seats, calls truce with Paswan
- Ranil Wickremesinghe visit: Can India and Sri Lanka build bridges over troubled waters?
- BJP up, JD(U) down: How Bihar seat sharing underlines the dynamics
It was double delight for the Prashant Salunkhe. After he was crowned Mr. Mumbai a few days ago, Salunkhe went on to capture the Mr. Maharashtra title in the state competition organised by the Mahesh Landge Kreeda Pratishthan at Pimpri-Chinchwad on Sunday.
Salunkhe faced a strong challenge from Sangram Chaughule from the host town. Sangram, had beaten Deepak Tripathi to bag first place in the 85 kg weight class. Deepak had tormented Salunkhe earlier in the Mr. Mumbai competition only to lose narrowly. It was a repeat of that result where Salunkhe just about proved his superiority over Sangram and convinced the panel of judges to rule in his favour.
Salunkhe pocketed a whopping 1.51 lakh rupees, the biggest purse ever in the history of the state body building competition. It was literally a windfall for the top five contestants in each weight class with the winner's share being ten thousand of the total forty thousand at stake. In all, the prize money exceeded 4.5 lakhs with every contestant receiving a gift from the organisers. The competition was held under the auspices of the Maharashtra Body Builders Association.