Salunkhe is now Mr. Maharashtra as well
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
It was double delight for the Prashant Salunkhe. After he was crowned Mr. Mumbai a few days ago, Salunkhe went on to capture the Mr. Maharashtra title in the state competition organised by the Mahesh Landge Kreeda Pratishthan at Pimpri-Chinchwad on Sunday.
Salunkhe faced a strong challenge from Sangram Chaughule from the host town. Sangram, had beaten Deepak Tripathi to bag first place in the 85 kg weight class. Deepak had tormented Salunkhe earlier in the Mr. Mumbai competition only to lose narrowly. It was a repeat of that result where Salunkhe just about proved his superiority over Sangram and convinced the panel of judges to rule in his favour.
Salunkhe pocketed a whopping 1.51 lakh rupees, the biggest purse ever in the history of the state body building competition. It was literally a windfall for the top five contestants in each weight class with the winner's share being ten thousand of the total forty thousand at stake. In all, the prize money exceeded 4.5 lakhs with every contestant receiving a gift from the organisers. The competition was held under the auspices of the Maharashtra Body Builders Association.
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within