Salunkhe is now Mr. Maharashtra as well
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
It was double delight for the Prashant Salunkhe. After he was crowned Mr. Mumbai a few days ago, Salunkhe went on to capture the Mr. Maharashtra title in the state competition organised by the Mahesh Landge Kreeda Pratishthan at Pimpri-Chinchwad on Sunday.
Salunkhe faced a strong challenge from Sangram Chaughule from the host town. Sangram, had beaten Deepak Tripathi to bag first place in the 85 kg weight class. Deepak had tormented Salunkhe earlier in the Mr. Mumbai competition only to lose narrowly. It was a repeat of that result where Salunkhe just about proved his superiority over Sangram and convinced the panel of judges to rule in his favour.
Salunkhe pocketed a whopping 1.51 lakh rupees, the biggest purse ever in the history of the state body building competition. It was literally a windfall for the top five contestants in each weight class with the winner's share being ten thousand of the total forty thousand at stake. In all, the prize money exceeded 4.5 lakhs with every contestant receiving a gift from the organisers. The competition was held under the auspices of the Maharashtra Body Builders Association.
Results: 55kg: 1. Nitin Mhatre, (Thane-W) 2. Rama Maynak (Satara) 3. Rajesh Thite (Mumbai) 4. Sanjay Pawar (Thane-w). 60kg: 1. Mandar Agwankar (Mumbai) 2. Chandrashekhar Pawar (Kolhapur) 3. Bilal Shaikh (Mumbai) 4. Vikram More (Pune). 65kg: 1. Samir Magam (Mumbai) 2. Manish Sasane (Pimpri-Chinchwad, Pune) 3. Vilas Ghadavle (Mumbai) 4. Sanjay Hilage (Kolhapur). 70kg: 1. Swapnil Newalkar (Thane-W) 2. Santosh Mungse (Pune) 3. Suresh Indersingh (Aurangabad) 4. Dhairyasheel Gadgil (Satara). 75kg: 1. Pritam Singh (Pune) 2. Sachin Patil (Mumbai) 3. Sunil Gondkar (Sangli) 4. Durgaprasad Dasari (Kolhapur). 80kg: 1. Prashant Salunkhe (Mumbai) 2. Vishwanath Gawde (Mumbai) 3. Nishant Toraskar (Pune) 4. Sandeep Ghagre (Thane) 5. Amir Sayyed (Satara). 85kg: 1. Sangram Chaughule (Pimpri-Chinchwad, Pune) 2. Deepak Tripathi (Mumbai Suburban) 3.Rensu Chandran (Mumbai) 4. Bhaskar Bhandari (Pimpri-Chinchwad, Pune).
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express