Samajwadi Party MLA Abu Azmi blames 'nudity and fashion' in Bollywood movies for crimes against women
- Sahara makes fresh proposal in SC for Subrata Roy's release, tells court it can't pay Rs 10K crore
- Pakistan: Pervez Musharraf survives assassination bid in Islamabad
- IPL officials, owners and 12 players named in secret report to Supreme Court
- Narendra Modi Pak, US dono ko thhokega: BJP South Delhi candidate Ramesh Bidhuri
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Maneka Gandhi says Varun's appreciation for Rahul is wrong
Samajwadi Party MLA Abu Azmi on Tuesday said he supported RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's views on rape being more prevalent in urban India than "rural Bharat". Azmi also blamed "nudity and fashion" being projected by Bollywood movies for the increasing number of crimes against women.
"In the urban culture, where women are out with their boyfriends till late in the night skimpily dressed, rape instances are bound to be higher than in rural areas where women are mostly confined to their homes and are dressed properly," said Azmi.
Azmi said people like Shabana Azmi and Sharmila Tagore who have been members of the Censor Board are responsible for the nudity content in films. "Women from rural areas should be made members of the Censor Board so that films that are in line with Indian culture reach the audience," Azmi said.
- Congress screening panel okays Bansal’s name for Lok Sabha ticket
- Gujarat minister Saurabh Patel may reply to EC notice: ‘I’m related to Ambanis’
- SC exonerates BJP leader Bokhiria in businessman murder case
- Narendra Modi best bet to contain Pakistan, China says BJP leader Rathwa
- Congress threatens to pull down Narendra Modi posters
- Panel points out holes in report on trees cut, writes to civic chief