Samajwadi Party MLA Abu Azmi blames 'nudity and fashion' in Bollywood movies for crimes against women
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
Samajwadi Party MLA Abu Azmi on Tuesday said he supported RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's views on rape being more prevalent in urban India than "rural Bharat". Azmi also blamed "nudity and fashion" being projected by Bollywood movies for the increasing number of crimes against women.
"In the urban culture, where women are out with their boyfriends till late in the night skimpily dressed, rape instances are bound to be higher than in rural areas where women are mostly confined to their homes and are dressed properly," said Azmi.
Azmi said people like Shabana Azmi and Sharmila Tagore who have been members of the Censor Board are responsible for the nudity content in films. "Women from rural areas should be made members of the Censor Board so that films that are in line with Indian culture reach the audience," Azmi said.