Samajwadi Party MLA Abu Azmi blames 'nudity and fashion' in Bollywood movies for crimes against women
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Samajwadi Party MLA Abu Azmi on Tuesday said he supported RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's views on rape being more prevalent in urban India than "rural Bharat". Azmi also blamed "nudity and fashion" being projected by Bollywood movies for the increasing number of crimes against women.
"In the urban culture, where women are out with their boyfriends till late in the night skimpily dressed, rape instances are bound to be higher than in rural areas where women are mostly confined to their homes and are dressed properly," said Azmi.
Azmi said people like Shabana Azmi and Sharmila Tagore who have been members of the Censor Board are responsible for the nudity content in films. "Women from rural areas should be made members of the Censor Board so that films that are in line with Indian culture reach the audience," Azmi said.