Samajwadi Party MLA Abu Azmi blames 'nudity and fashion' in Bollywood movies for crimes against women
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Samajwadi Party MLA Abu Azmi on Tuesday said he supported RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's views on rape being more prevalent in urban India than "rural Bharat". Azmi also blamed "nudity and fashion" being projected by Bollywood movies for the increasing number of crimes against women.
"In the urban culture, where women are out with their boyfriends till late in the night skimpily dressed, rape instances are bound to be higher than in rural areas where women are mostly confined to their homes and are dressed properly," said Azmi.
Azmi said people like Shabana Azmi and Sharmila Tagore who have been members of the Censor Board are responsible for the nudity content in films. "Women from rural areas should be made members of the Censor Board so that films that are in line with Indian culture reach the audience," Azmi said.