Samajwadi Party sacks Kamal Farooqui as its secretary over Bhatkal remarks
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Third FIR against Giriraj Singh; Muslims should not be afraid of BJP, says Joshi
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: Can SRH bowlers put brakes on KXIP batsmen?
Samajwadi Party on Thursday sacked Kamal Farooqui as its Secretary in the wake of his controversial remarks that Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal was arrested as he was a Muslim.
SP General Secretary Ram Gopal Yadav today shot off a letter to Farooqui informing him that party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav has removed him as secretary of the SP National Executive with immediate effect.
Farooqi had said Bhatkal may have been arrested because he was a Muslim.
He had later apologised for his remark stating that his comments were misunderstood.
Farooqui's remarks had kicked up a controversy when he asked whether it is based on the grounds of crime or religion.
Congress and BJP had slammed Farooqi for his comment calling it ridiculous.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready