Samajwadi Party tells workers not to gatecrash private functions
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK lose Smith, McCullum after flying start against KXIP
Earlier, on November 15, it was the same story when SP's Maharashtra unit president Abu Asim Azmi visited Aligarh to attend the marriage ceremony of his relative. Sources said the entire SP unit reached the venue to welcome Azmi. Somehow, the situation was saved after Abu Asim left for another private function, but there too he was mobbed by local SP leaders and workers.
In the last week of December, Minority Affairs Minister Azam Khan reportedly had a somewhat similar experience when he visited Aligarh to attend the marriage the daughter of Khwaja Haleem. Azam Khan then left the venue for the inspection house.
"It happens in all districts as the local SP workers want to meet their leaders. We have received instructions from the party high command. Such scenes will not be repeated any more," Dr Rakshpal Singh, district president of SP in Aligarh.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer