Samajwadi Party tells workers not to gatecrash private functions
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Earlier, on November 15, it was the same story when SP's Maharashtra unit president Abu Asim Azmi visited Aligarh to attend the marriage ceremony of his relative. Sources said the entire SP unit reached the venue to welcome Azmi. Somehow, the situation was saved after Abu Asim left for another private function, but there too he was mobbed by local SP leaders and workers.
In the last week of December, Minority Affairs Minister Azam Khan reportedly had a somewhat similar experience when he visited Aligarh to attend the marriage the daughter of Khwaja Haleem. Azam Khan then left the venue for the inspection house.
"It happens in all districts as the local SP workers want to meet their leaders. We have received instructions from the party high command. Such scenes will not be repeated any more," Dr Rakshpal Singh, district president of SP in Aligarh.