Samajwadi Party will fight general elections alone, says Shivpal Yadav
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Samajwadi Party will contest the Lok Sabha elections on its own and it does not need help of any other political party, a senior SP leader said on Tuesday.
"SP will contest Lok Sabha polls alone. We don't need any party's help," Uttar Pradesh PWD Minister and SP leader Shivpal Singh Yadav said.
The minister said there was decline in corruption in PWD, Irrigation and cooperative departments, but "commission- taking" could be controlled and warned officers that the party would take strict action against those found indulging in it.
He said the party wants to work to make women self-reliant and the cooperative department would provide them loan at an interest rate of three per cent. Women would be appointed as directors of district cooperative banks, Yadav said.