Samba attack: Armoured unit used 5 tanks, CO tried to run over terrorist
- BJP unhappy over Gadkari-Raj meeting, says it's a closed chapter
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Special circumstances forced govt to take ordinance route: Salman Khurshid
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
The inquiry will also deal with how a general warning could not be issued about the attackers despite the fact that the first strike by them occurred one-and-a-half hours before they entered the Army camp, at the Hiranagar police station.
Preliminary reports suggest that an SoS call was generated up the police chain of command and the Jammu-based 16 Corps was alerted. However, the gravity of the attack perhaps was not conveyed, nor details of the attack passed on in full. What happened after the message was relayed to the Army will be a matter of investigation for the court of inquiry.
The Samba cavalry unit is not part of the 16 Corps, whose headquarters is geographically closer, but comes under the Yol-based 9 Corps. Also, the 9 Corps is under the Western Command while the 16 Corps is under the Northern Command.
- ‘Indo-Dutch BIPA does not cover tax’
- Shivaji memorial to get grander with an oceanarium
- IRS officer gets 5 years in jail for corruption
- For ‘cheering’ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Techie murder: Suspect’s sister was first to alert cops
- All gas discoveries not viable even at $8: Sarraf