Same old firms, including one blacklisted earlier, bag contracts for roads in western suburbs
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
For the asphalt roads contract, Prakash Engineering bid 16.68 per cent lower than the estimated price of Rs 88.22 crore. For the two concrete roads contracts, K R Constructions bid 18 per cent lower than the estimated price of Rs 134.20-crore while RPS Infraprojects bid 29.29 per cent lower than the estimated price of the Rs 143.59-crore contract.
The six bidders were companies long associated with the civic body for the past five years at least. The three other bidders were Relcon Infraprojects, Vitrag Construction Company and R K Madhani.
To woo bigger infrastructure companies, the civic body doubled its tender packages by 200 per cent from Rs 50 crore. The corporation also changed the tender provisions and Mayor Sunil Prabhu announced that a single-window body would be set up to speed up projects.