Samjhauta ‘bomber’ alleges torture
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
Suspected Samjhauta bomber Rajinder Choudhary alias Dashrath has alleged torture and high-handedness by the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Choudhary, arrested in connection with the 2007 Samjhauta Express explosion, is in NIA custody. NIA, which arrested Choudhary and three others for their alleged roles in Malegaon, Samjhauta and Mecca Masjid blasts, has denied the allegations.
Choudhary's counsel Narendra Kalra sent the notice to NIA DG S C Sinha in which he said,"My client was not allowed to speak though from his body language it was clear that he was harassed both mentally and physically and there was threat to his life. All this has been done by the investigating officer Visha Garg."
Sony not to telecast Delhi gangrape episode
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry Friday asked Sony not to telecast an episode of its show Crime Patrol which was to feature an enactment based on the Delhi gangrape. Sources said the ministry had taken note of the promos of the show and advised the channel to pull them off and to not air the programme either. The channel has accepted the ministry's advice, sources said.