Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Gear to be launched in India today
- TV channels threaten to blackout Kejriwal campaign
- Missing Malaysian jet: India clears its passengers
- BJP reacts angrily to Rahul Gandhi raking up 2002 riots issue
- BJP's 'Chai Pe Charcha' may run into Election Commission trouble
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
Betting big on premium products to boost sales during the upcoming festival season in India, the company has already said that it is planning to launch several products the next three months including Note 10.1 in the last week of October.
Samsung will also launch two smart phones in India this month for less than Rs 15,000, intensifying competition in the mid-segment mobile market.
The Korean company, which has a 49 per cent share in India's smart phone segment, will offer options in local languages to attract non-English speaking customers.
"We will be launching two new smart phones priced for the mid-segment market. Every phone from Samsung will have nine vernacular language options," Samsung Country Head (Mobile Business) Vineet Taneja said, without mentioning the prices.
However, a company official said the phones may be priced in the Rs 5,000-15,000 range. Most mobile phones in India are sold in this price range, including Nokia Lumia 520 and 620, Blackberry Curve, Xolo smart phones and Micromax Canvas 2.