Samsung launches REX series of 'smart' feature phones
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
Samsung has launched a new series of feature phones on Thursday. Developed in India, the REX 'smart' feature phones are priced between Rs 4,280 and Rs 6,490. These phones run on the Java platform.
The company launched four models in the series: REX 60, 70, 80 and 90. At the launch, Samsung Mobile Vice President Asim Warsi said: "This new series of phones has been developed in India, for Indian consumers. We look at this series as a way to broaden our appeal. These are targeted at young consumers."
With the REX series, Samsung is taking on Nokia's Asha series of feature phones. REX phones are dual SIM and let you change SIM cards while the phone is on. They run Samsung's TouchWiz user interface and two of these phones support WiFi.
The company said these phones come with many pre loaded apps such as ChatOn, Facebook, Gtalk, Twitter, etc. None of these phones have 3G connectivity.