Samsung unveils smaller, cheaper Galaxy S3
- Govt has decided to drop anti-piracy charges against Italian marines, Centre tells SC
- LIVE: Rahul takes a dig at Modi, says BJP thinks one man can run the country
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- Leopard on the loose in Meerut, officials order closure of schools and colleges
- Konan Poshpora: Probe official speaks up, says was threatened
Samsung Electronics Co. has unveiled a smaller and cheaper version of the Galaxy S3 smartphone with the same screen size as the iPhone 5.
Samsung says the Galaxy S3 mini features a screen measuring 4 inches diagonally, smaller than the Galaxy S III's 4.8 inch display but the same as Apple's iPhone 5, which was Apple's first upgrade of the iPhone screen size.
Samsung said the mini will be launched in Europe later this month but kept mum on schedules for other countries.
Samsung's German mobile shop lists the mini's price at 399 euros ($516) versus 550 euros ($711) for the cheapest S III.
The mini is powered by the latest version of Android software but does not support faster fourth-generation wireless networks.
- 4 more bodies found on Arunachal border, curfew in Assam town
- ‘Polls have come in the way of new norms for tech institutes’
- Food security Act also covers foreign nationals, refugees, says Law Ministry
- Lokayukta meets Bhardwaj over Bill
- Days before school admissions start, HC order on RTE creates confusion
- NGO seeks funds to train HIV+ patients