Samsung working on 'smart watch' to take on Apple iWatch
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Samsung is working on a smart watch called the 'Galaxy Altius' to take on rival tech giant Apple, new leaked images have suggested.
The images, which were posted on a South Korean messageboard, purport to be screens from a forthcoming Samsung smart watch.
One image features the name Samsung Galaxy Altius, while others show a music player, clock and an email app, the Telegraph reports.
The pictures suggested that the Altius runs a modified version of the Google Android operating system.
The provenance of the images is unclear and, though some websites have identified details that suggest they are genuine, it''s entirely possible that they are mock-ups for an abandoned project or even fakes made by a fan, the paper said.
The images have emerged a week after it was reported that Apple is about to launch a smart watch.
The product, which has been referred to as the 'iWatch', is apparently being worked on by a team of 100 engineers, suggesting that it is more than an experiment.