Samsung working on 'smart watch' to take on Apple iWatch
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
Samsung is working on a smart watch called the 'Galaxy Altius' to take on rival tech giant Apple, new leaked images have suggested.
The images, which were posted on a South Korean messageboard, purport to be screens from a forthcoming Samsung smart watch.
One image features the name Samsung Galaxy Altius, while others show a music player, clock and an email app, the Telegraph reports.
The pictures suggested that the Altius runs a modified version of the Google Android operating system.
The provenance of the images is unclear and, though some websites have identified details that suggest they are genuine, it''s entirely possible that they are mock-ups for an abandoned project or even fakes made by a fan, the paper said.
The images have emerged a week after it was reported that Apple is about to launch a smart watch.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism