Sanaya Irani confirmed for Rang Rasiya
- PM Modi breaks silence on Raghuram Rajan's reappointment, says it shouldn't be of media's interest
- Kejriwal, Nitish witnesses Mamata's oath-taking ceremony at Kolkata's Red Road
- US asks Pakistan to cooperate with India on 26/11 probe
- Even if we could benefit from polarisation, we wouldn’t want to derive such benefits: Rajnath Singh
- Opinion: Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating
Sanaya Irani of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Do fame has been signed to play the lead in Colors new show, Rang Rasiya. Irani who became immensely popular playing the romantic lead opposite Barun Sobti in Iss Pyaar Ko..., however faced her first setback when Chhanchhan failed to impress the audience. In Rang... the actress, has been cast opposite Ashish Sharma, who was seen on shows like Chandra Gupt Maurya and Rab Se Sona Isshq.
Set to go on floor by November end, the show is being produced by Saurabh Tewari's Nautanki Films. Meanwhile, Rang... will be Tewari's second project with Colors after the hit, Madhubala - Ek Ishq, Ek Junoon. When contacted, the producer said, "I share a personal equation with Colors. Before becoming a producer, I was the channel's fiction head for four years. Also, Madhubala ...is doing well, so why not one more show with the channel?"
An intense love story, Rang Rasiya will be shot in Rajasthan across four cities including Jodhpur, Bikaner among others. The show is a replacement for Bigg Boss Season 7, which will go off-air by December.
- Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating
- After the initial euphoria, Modi government has created widespread despondency
- Fixing the learning deficit requires a lot more than right kind of tracking technology
- The problem begins with the way we define “urban” and “rural”
- Modi govt’s backward-looking instincts pulls down its forward-looking mission
- Judge-population ratio is not the apt parameter to determine judiciary’s strength