Sanaya Irani confirmed for Rang Rasiya
- NSG entry: 'Any exemption to India must also apply to Pakistan'
- Brussels: Anti-terror operation underway at City 2 shopping centre
- Karnataka: 8 school children dead, 12 injured in car-bus collision
- PM Modi pitches for treating diabetes through Yoga
- DA case: CBI questions Himachal CM Virbhadra Singh's son
Sanaya Irani of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Do fame has been signed to play the lead in Colors new show, Rang Rasiya. Irani who became immensely popular playing the romantic lead opposite Barun Sobti in Iss Pyaar Ko..., however faced her first setback when Chhanchhan failed to impress the audience. In Rang... the actress, has been cast opposite Ashish Sharma, who was seen on shows like Chandra Gupt Maurya and Rab Se Sona Isshq.
Set to go on floor by November end, the show is being produced by Saurabh Tewari's Nautanki Films. Meanwhile, Rang... will be Tewari's second project with Colors after the hit, Madhubala - Ek Ishq, Ek Junoon. When contacted, the producer said, "I share a personal equation with Colors. Before becoming a producer, I was the channel's fiction head for four years. Also, Madhubala ...is doing well, so why not one more show with the channel?"
An intense love story, Rang Rasiya will be shot in Rajasthan across four cities including Jodhpur, Bikaner among others. The show is a replacement for Bigg Boss Season 7, which will go off-air by December.
- It is sad to see Rajan return to Chicago. But he must take his share of the blame
- Previous judicial pronouncements suggest AAP MLAs may be on a safe wicket
- For the youth, Raghuram Rajan created a novel space and owned it
- India’s high-wire NSG diplomacy reveals a new level of self-assurance
- Informalisation of the workforce now extends to the government sector
- The difference this time was the transformation of India from a friend to an ally