Sanaya Irani confirmed for Rang Rasiya
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
Sanaya Irani of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Do fame has been signed to play the lead in Colors new show, Rang Rasiya. Irani who became immensely popular playing the romantic lead opposite Barun Sobti in Iss Pyaar Ko..., however faced her first setback when Chhanchhan failed to impress the audience. In Rang... the actress, has been cast opposite Ashish Sharma, who was seen on shows like Chandra Gupt Maurya and Rab Se Sona Isshq.
Set to go on floor by November end, the show is being produced by Saurabh Tewari's Nautanki Films. Meanwhile, Rang... will be Tewari's second project with Colors after the hit, Madhubala - Ek Ishq, Ek Junoon. When contacted, the producer said, "I share a personal equation with Colors. Before becoming a producer, I was the channel's fiction head for four years. Also, Madhubala ...is doing well, so why not one more show with the channel?"
An intense love story, Rang Rasiya will be shot in Rajasthan across four cities including Jodhpur, Bikaner among others. The show is a replacement for Bigg Boss Season 7, which will go off-air by December.
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage