Sandalwood stolen from Army quarters, Forest Research Nursery
- Relief for Priyanka Vadra as HC stays SIC's order on Shimla land
- Turkish Airlines plane cleared for take-off from Delhi airport, no bomb found
- 2 days before it hears Vyapam petitions, SC says shocking, people dying everyday
- Rajasthan Governor wants 'adhinayak' removed from national anthem
- For Sadananda Gowda, Vyapam scam is a 'silly issue'
Four unidentified persons allegedly chopped off and carried away part of a sandalwood tree from the premises of Army quarters on Victoria Road and Forest Research Nursery office near the Empress Garden in Ghorpadi in the early hours of Tuesday.
Ashok Ganpat Thorat (57), a security guard at the office lodged a complaint at the Wanavdi police station. Police said theft took place between 3.30 am and 4.15 am on Tuesday.
According to the complaint, four persons came to the Ghorpadi area in a four-wheeler. They allegedly chopped a four feet-long sandalwood log from the tree at Army quarters. They chopped a three feet sandalwood log from a tree on the premises of Forest Research Nursery office and fled in their four wheeler. Assistant police inspector S B Patil is investigating the case.