Sandeep, Sushil star in Akzo Nobel India Ltd triumph
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
Led by quickfire knocks from Sandeep Kumar (40 off 23) and Sushil Kumar (28 off 14), Akzo Nobel India Ltd outclassed Tata Motors Ltd in all departments and crushed them by seven wickets in a league match of the ongoing CII-Tate Motors Regional Corporate Cricket Cup, played at PU Ground in Chandigarh on Saturday. Tata Motors batted first but were restricted to 104 for 8 in the stipulated 20 overs. Raman top scored with 30 off 46 deliveries while Mohit Pandita chipped in with run-a-ball 29. In reply, Akzo Nobel achieved the target for the loss of three wickets in mere 11.2 overs. Sandeep and Sushil decimated the Tata Motors bowling attack with their attacking stroke play. Meanwhile, in the second match of the day, Chandigarh Police defeated Whirlpool India by six wickets. Whirlpool batted first and posted 127 for 9 in 20 overs. Manoj played a superb knock of 38 runs while Prakash Singh contributed 36 runs. Vikas took two wickets. In reply, Chandigarh Police achieved the target for the loss of four wickets in 16 overs. Balwinder top scored with 42 runs while Ramandeep chipped in with 38 runs.