Sania Mirza-Bethanie Mattek-Sands in final of Dubai Tennis Championships
- PM Modi should resign if he can't ask four ministers to step down: Congress
- Lalit Modi names 2 Indian, 1 West Indian cricketer who were bribed
- Kerala bar bribery case: Relief for Mani as anti-corruption body decides against chargesheet
- No charging check-in baggage: Government on budget airlines' move
- Delhi court allows TERI chief R K Pachauri to travel to USA
Sania Mirza earned a shot at her second title of the season with partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands as they reached the final of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, here today.
The unseeded Indo-American pair took out Australia's Anastasia Rodionova and Zimbabwe's Cara Black 6-2 7-5 in the semifinals of the USD 2,000,000 hard court event.
Sania and Bethanie had to work hard for points as Black and Rodionova fought well in the contest, lasting in one hour and 20 minutes.
Sania and Bethanie now await winner of the other semifinal between the pairs of Nuria Llagostera Vives/Jie Zheng and Nadia Petrova/ Katarina Srebotnik.
The two players had won the Brisbane International last month to make a superb start to the 2013 season.