Sania Mirza-Bethanie Mattek-Sands in final of Dubai Tennis Championships
- Porn ban: Govt lifts ban on websites sans child pornography
- Mumbai attacks: Five explosive revelations made by Tariq Khosa
- Parliamentary panel on land bill postpones meet following suspension of Congress MP
- Combative Opposition stalls Parliament proceedings
- Missing Pawan Hans chopper sighted, rescue operation to resume tomorrow
Sania Mirza earned a shot at her second title of the season with partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands as they reached the final of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, here today.
The unseeded Indo-American pair took out Australia's Anastasia Rodionova and Zimbabwe's Cara Black 6-2 7-5 in the semifinals of the USD 2,000,000 hard court event.
Sania and Bethanie had to work hard for points as Black and Rodionova fought well in the contest, lasting in one hour and 20 minutes.
Sania and Bethanie now await winner of the other semifinal between the pairs of Nuria Llagostera Vives/Jie Zheng and Nadia Petrova/ Katarina Srebotnik.
The two players had won the Brisbane International last month to make a superb start to the 2013 season.