Sania Mirza-Bethanie Mattek-Sands in final of Dubai Tennis Championships
- Holding talks with Nawaz Sharif important, efforts will be on improving ties: Sushma Swaraj in Islamabad
- Delhi: Odd-even restrictions from 8 am to 8 pm, penalty being discussed
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul attack govt, say its political vendetta
- Taliban militants attack airport in Afghan city of Kandahar
- Two militants killed in encounter on Srinagar-Jammu Highway
Sania Mirza earned a shot at her second title of the season with partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands as they reached the final of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, here today.
The unseeded Indo-American pair took out Australia's Anastasia Rodionova and Zimbabwe's Cara Black 6-2 7-5 in the semifinals of the USD 2,000,000 hard court event.
Sania and Bethanie had to work hard for points as Black and Rodionova fought well in the contest, lasting in one hour and 20 minutes.
Sania and Bethanie now await winner of the other semifinal between the pairs of Nuria Llagostera Vives/Jie Zheng and Nadia Petrova/ Katarina Srebotnik.
- GST panel lays out the middle ground for resolving political differences
- Leaders of India, Pak seem to get on better when abroad than at home
- The limits of negativism
- The fundamental duties are essential for an organised polity
- Nepal: Constitutional settlements require statesmanship and generosity, which is missing today
- Several problems with Delhi govt's odd-even formula, decision needs to be rethought