Sania to team up with Bryan in Aus Open
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
Indian tennis star Sania Mirza said she was looking forward to team up with American Bob Bryan in the mixed doubles event of the 2013 Australian open.
"Yes, I am going to play with Bryan in the Australian Open," Sania, who inaugurated the President's Trophy boat race here this evening, told reporters.
In the women's doubles, American Bethanie Mattek would be her partner, she said. Sania, ranked 7 in doubles, said like every other player,her aim was to get to the number one position.
Sania said though she would like to play singles, her physical fitness did not allow her to do so. However, she was training hard and playing trials.
India's most successful women's tennis player said when she started her game at the age of 16, the aim was to play till 24.
Sania said she had thought that she would have to quit the game after marriage with Shoaib Malik. "But I am still playing," she said. On her former mixed doubles partner Mahesh Bhupathi, Sania said they were still keeping a good friendship.