Sania-Bethanie reach first final of the season at Brisbane
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subarta Roy stays in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Sania Mirza and her American partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands on Thursday reached the first final of the new season when their opponents -- Daniela Hantuchova and Katarina Srebotnik -- conceded the semifinal match at the WTA Brisbane International, here.
The unseeded Indo-American pair was leading 5-1 in the opening set when Hantuchova found it unable to continue due to a groin injury.
Sania and Bethanie had shocked second seeded pair of Liezel Huber and Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez 6-2 6-3 in the second round of the $1000,000 event.