Sania-Bethanie reach first final of the season at Brisbane
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Sania Mirza and her American partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands on Thursday reached the first final of the new season when their opponents -- Daniela Hantuchova and Katarina Srebotnik -- conceded the semifinal match at the WTA Brisbane International, here.
The unseeded Indo-American pair was leading 5-1 in the opening set when Hantuchova found it unable to continue due to a groin injury.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness