Sanjay Dutt finishes work on some films, few still pending
- Man throws ink at Sahara chief Subrata Roy in Supreme Court premises
- Gadkari's âproposalâ for Raj: Donât put up candidates for LS, it will be detrimental
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Tehelka rape case: Tarun Tejpal's bail plea hearing begins
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
With a few days left for actor Sanjay Dutt to surrender in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case, trade sources said that though the actor has finished working on some movies, he still has a few projects pending.
The makers of Policegiri, in which he plays the role of a police officer, confirmed that Sanjay has completed work on the project.
"The shoot for 'Policegiri' is over. We are releasing the film on July 5. We would begin with the promotions in some time. We have made a good film and are hopeful people will like it," producer T P Agarwal told PTI.
"For us he (Sanjay Dutt) is important. We are not much thinking about promotions and all. It is shocking that his plea has not be considered. It is sad news," Agarwal said.
The Supreme Court had on March 21 upheld the conviction of Sanjay Dutt under the Arms Act (for illegally possessing arms) in the terror attack and sentenced him to five years in prison. He has spent 18 months and will have another three-and-half years in jail.
But he moved an application in apex court asking for time to surrender as he wanted to complete shooting of seven of his movies - worth Rs 278 crore, including big-budget projects such as filmmaker Raju Hirani's Peekay, Karan Johar's Unglee, Apoorva Lakhia's Zanjeer.
The apex court granted him four weeks time to surrender before jail authorities.
The Supreme Court on Friday dismissed Sanjay Dutt's plea seeking review of its March 21 judgement upholding his conviction under the Arms Act and sentencing him to five years in jail in 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case.
Now he will have to surrender later this week.
According to sources, the actor has managed to finish shooting for Policegiri, Zanjeer and Peekay.
"We are not sure about Unglee whether it is completed or not, while a song is left to be shot for Sher," sources said.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore