Sanjay Dutt released to take care of ailing wife Maanyata, pictures contradicting
- Not RSSâs job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits: Bhagwat
- Malaysia Airlines flight case: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, who is serving his sentence at Yerwada Central Jail in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case, has been granted a parole for 30 days to take care of wife Maanyata, who is ill. After all the formalities being completed, the actor was released on Saturday morning.
While Sanjay Dutt has been granted the parole to take care of his wife Maanyata, pictures have a different story to tell.
Mother of two, Maanyata Dutt was spotted at the special screening organised actor Shahid Kapoor for his latest release 'R... Rajkumar' on Thursday late evening in Mumbai.
Maanyata, who is not keeping well according to husband Sanjay Dutt, looked perfectly fine at the screening and was seen partying with friends.
She was seen having a good time with film's producer Krishika Lulla. The event was also attended by Shahid's father Pankaj Kapur, director Ashutosh Gowariker, actor Ayushmann Khurrana, and Sunil Lulla, MD, Eros India.
Reports say, after the event, Maanyata, along with Shahid and Ayushmann, also went for Krishika Lulla's birthday.
However, Pune Divisional Commissioner Prabhakar Deshmukh said that the reports of Maanyata's illness were verified before it was approved.
"I have signed the parole application after the reports forwarded by the police and the Yerawada jail authorities were received and the reason stated is that his wife Manyata is ill and has to undergo treatment and a surgery," said Deshmukh.
Earlier Sanjay Dutt was granted a 14-day parole in the first week of October and had got a 14-day extension on medical grounds. The 53-year-old actor, who had surrendered in May after the Supreme Court upheld his conviction in the case for illegal possession of weapons, is currently serving the remaining 42 months of his five-year sentence.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress