Sanjay Dutt to cook food for prisoners?
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
Sanjay Dutt, whose conviction under the Arms Act was upheld by the Supreme Court recently and is going to surrender on May 16, will apparently be assigned the task of cooking while he serves his sentence in prison.
Sanjay Dutt, who has earned crores of rupees from the films he has acted in, will be paid a paltry sum of Rs. 25 per day for the work he does.
According to reports, Munnabhai actor will also get an allowance of Rs. 1500 from his family.
He will be allowed to meet a maximum of five people from his family in a month and that too for 20 minutes.
The last time Sanjay Dutt was imprisoned, he had been assigned carpentry.
Sanjay Dutt withdrew his application seeking to surrender before the Yerwada jail in Pune instead of giving himself up before the special court in south Mumbai.
Sanjay Dutt had filed the application in the TADA court, hours after the Supreme Court refused to grant him additional time to surrender for undergoing the remaining jail term in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case. (With PTI inputs)