Sanjay Dutt's life at Yerwada begins as prisoner number 16656
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
The new identity for Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt from today is prisoner number 16656 at Yerwada Central Jail here where he was shifted from Mumbai's Arthur Road Prison following his surrender before a TADA court. Related: Sanjay Dutt to follow uniform jail routine, but stay away from other inmates
Dutt, whose conviction in 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case was upheld by the Supreme Court in March this year, was brought to Yerwada jail at the crack of dawn today. He is lodged in a separate individual cell in view of his security needs, official sources said.
The Bollywood "Khalnayak", who later reinvented himself with
'Gandhigiri' as Munnabhai, will be spending about three and half years in prison.
Sources said Dutt will be given prescribed manual work job in due course after formalities of admission are over.
There will not be any special treatment to the actor except required due to the threat perception, they added.