Sanjay Dutt's wife Maanyata admitted to hospital for two days
- Modi-Sharif joint statement: Release Indian, Pakistan fishermen from respective jails
- Debris of missing Coast Guard Dornier located in Tamil Nadu sea waters
- Lawrence of Arabia actor Omar Sharif passes away at 83
- IIT Roorkee expells 73 students for faring badly
- Gajendra Chauhan chosen over icons as he could devote more time: Government
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt's wife Maanyata Dutt was admitted in a local hospital on Tuesday morning after her health conditions deteriorated. Maanyata has been suffering from heart and liver ailment, which were confirmed last month.
According to Dr Ajay Chaughule, who specialises in liver and heart surgeries, Maanyata has now been admitted for two days in Global hospital, Parel, to seek treatment. "She is very sick and we are monitoring her medical parameters. Right now, no decision for any sort of surgery has been undertaken," Chaughule said. According to sources, Sanjay Dutt is accompanying her in the hospital.
Earlier last month, the 53-year-old actor was released on parole of one month to look after Maanyata's ailing condition. According to Chaughule, during a preliminary heart test last month, a large sized tumour was discovered in her liver after she complained of chest pain and weight loss. The jail authorities had permitted to give Sanjay Dutt a 30-day parole following confirmation of Maanyata's health conditions.