BJP demands public apology from Cong, Sanjay Nirupam over Smriti Irani issue
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
Announcing boycott from attending news channel debates in which Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam participates, BJP today called for a public apology from the leader and the party.
"The comment made by Nirupam on Smriti Irani is unacceptable, unparliamentary and shameful-- to make such a comment on a female leave aside her being a MP, BJP has decided to boycott from attending news channel debates in which Nirupam participates," national spokesperson of BJP, Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here.
"Congress party and Sanjay Nirupam should publicly apologies for his comments-- we will not tolerate indecent persons of Congress," he said.
"The fact is that they have lost Gujarat and Irani is MP from Gujarat -- the spectacular victory which BJP made in Gujarat in the command of Narendra Modi is not still being accepted by the people like Sanjay Nirupam, who is settling scores with the female representative on a TV channel," Rudy said.
Sanjay Nirupam reportedly used defamatory and indecent language against BJP MP Smriti Irani during a TV debate when the Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh election results were pouring in on December 20. Meanwhile, Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary termed the whole incident as "regreattable" and said this mindset cannot be accepted.
"This is very regrettable. To say such a thing is unfortunate. It is this mindset, which we have to fight," Chowdhary said in Delhi.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde