Santana here to spread spirit of music
- âTehseen names new Indian Mujahideen duo in 2010 Jama Masjid shootingâ
- SC junks Centreâs plea, stands by order to grant life to Rajiv Gandhi's killers
- After BJP ticket, Smriti Irani becomes target of mockery by Kumar Vishwas
- Tharoor faces slander and a contest
- Powerful 8.2 magnitude earthquake strikes off Chile, triggers tsunami alert
God of guitar Carlos Santana today said he hasn't descended on Indian soil with an American flag to demonstrate his prowess in music, but bring in the spirit of music and spiritual triumph from US.
"I haven't come to India with an American flag to showcase my talent. I don't do that. I have come to bring not only the spirit of music, but the spirit of spiritual triumph from America," he told reporters on the eve of debut live performance in India at Vladivar Rock 'N India here.
Santana said not everything people see on TV about US is true because most of the things shown on it are worst of the things. "There is another beauty in US. I come from the land where there is social experiment. I represent US as rainbow of American Indians, Africans, Hebrew and sundry other communities," he said.
Santana said many believe that US is a ground for wars and there were many others like him believe that all wars should stop and there ought to be more investment, time and energy on education.
"The more you educate your brother there will be less brutality. We can eliminate child sex labour, domestic violence," he said.
Replying to a query, Santana said a musician loves to create songs and touch people's heart like Michael Jackson. "To me it is not a job that I have to work with Clive Davis (an American record producer and music industry executive) or to do a radio music," he said.
Santana, who is accompanied by his wife Cynthia Blackman on the Indian tour, said there is something about him that makes people feel significant and meaningful.
"It is not just Mother Teresa and Mahatama Gandhi can make difference in the world. You, we, me can make difference in the world. In my music there is a pinch that wakes you up to your possibilities and opportunities. We are not show business, we are muscians," he said.
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies
- We should have Chandigarh Capital Region on the lines of NCR: Pawan Bansal
- Scavengers’ death: Activists seek action against culprits
- No Modi-fied tagline
- After defying his transfer order for two years, Satish Verma finally joins office