Sapna Bhavnani strips for new PETA ad
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Celebrity hair stylist and 'Bigg Boss' contestant Sapna Bhavnani has gone nude for the latest commercial of PETA.
Sapna, 41, who is known for her tattoos, has appeared in the advertisement which asks people to be comfortable in their own skin and not to use fur and leather items. Her photo in the advertisement comes with the slogan 'Ink, not mink'.
"After I educated myself and saw a few films on the cruelty and what happens to animals, I realised that it just wasn't worth it. I take a very strong stance on leather. Pleather is a great substitute for leather. And if you don't know what it is, I just say go to your local shop and ask for that substitute because it is available," Sapna said in a statement.
This is not the first time that Sapna has put her weight behind PETA. She appeared two years ago in another PETA ad holding a pair of scissors and posing next to the caption, "Cut Hair, Not Frogs. Choose to Refuse to Dissect Animals".