Sapna Bhavnani strips for new PETA ad
- Muslim women beaten up in Madhya Pradesh over beef rumours
- Harish Rawat confirms Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district
- GST Bill: Uncertainty continues as States don’t agree on rate
- Cow was killed by lion, not Dalit men flogged by gau rakshaks: CID
- How Governor Raghuram Rajan had his way on venue for RBI interviews
Celebrity hair stylist and 'Bigg Boss' contestant Sapna Bhavnani has gone nude for the latest commercial of PETA.
Sapna, 41, who is known for her tattoos, has appeared in the advertisement which asks people to be comfortable in their own skin and not to use fur and leather items. Her photo in the advertisement comes with the slogan 'Ink, not mink'.
"After I educated myself and saw a few films on the cruelty and what happens to animals, I realised that it just wasn't worth it. I take a very strong stance on leather. Pleather is a great substitute for leather. And if you don't know what it is, I just say go to your local shop and ask for that substitute because it is available," Sapna said in a statement.
This is not the first time that Sapna has put her weight behind PETA. She appeared two years ago in another PETA ad holding a pair of scissors and posing next to the caption, "Cut Hair, Not Frogs. Choose to Refuse to Dissect Animals".
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage
- Strengthen Centre-state relations by giving the Inter-State Council teeth
- The Patel agitation and Dalit unrest threaten BJP’s dominance in Gujarat
- The CAMPA Bill: Whose forests are these anyway?
- Arundhati Ghose will be remembered for her role in India’s nuclear diplomacy
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation