Sapna Bhavnani strips for new PETA ad
- Six Shiv Sena workers arrested for paint attack on Sudheendra Kulkarni
- Bihar elections: 57% turnout in first phase, voting peaceful
- PM Modi lashes out at Nitish Kumar over Kushwaha's video, says JP insulted on birthday
- Industrial production touches 3-year high, grows at 6.4% in August
- 10 years of RTI : While the government is willing, officials are not
Celebrity hair stylist and 'Bigg Boss' contestant Sapna Bhavnani has gone nude for the latest commercial of PETA.
Sapna, 41, who is known for her tattoos, has appeared in the advertisement which asks people to be comfortable in their own skin and not to use fur and leather items. Her photo in the advertisement comes with the slogan 'Ink, not mink'.
"After I educated myself and saw a few films on the cruelty and what happens to animals, I realised that it just wasn't worth it. I take a very strong stance on leather. Pleather is a great substitute for leather. And if you don't know what it is, I just say go to your local shop and ask for that substitute because it is available," Sapna said in a statement.
This is not the first time that Sapna has put her weight behind PETA. She appeared two years ago in another PETA ad holding a pair of scissors and posing next to the caption, "Cut Hair, Not Frogs. Choose to Refuse to Dissect Animals".