Sardar Singh, Sandeep Singh command top base price of Rs 15 lakh at HIL
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
India captain Sardar Singh and ace dragflicker Sandeep Singh will command the highest base-price of Rs 15 lakh each at the upcoming players' auction of the cash-rich Hockey India League (HIL) slated on Sunday.
Sardar and Sandeep, with reserve price of USD 27,800 each are the players with highest base-price among the Indians as well as foreign players.
A list of 246 players issued by HI to be auctioned have been divided into 13 base-price categories ranging from Rs 1.5 lakh to Rs 15 lakh.
A base price of Rs 13.5 lakh has been kept for Australia's captain Jamie Dwyer along with countryman Glenn Turner, Maritz Fuertse and Oliver Korn (Germany), Mohammad Imran and Mahmood Rashid (Pakistan), Pol Amat (Spain).
Netherland's prolific penalty corner specialist Taeke Taekema and Teun De Nooijer are also in the same bracket which is equivalent to USD 25,000.
The base price for ex-captain Shivendra Singh and Gurbaj Singh is Rs 10 lakh, while teams looking to buy Ignace Tirkey and Tushar Khandekar will have to start their bidding from Rs 7.5 lakh.
Custodian Bharat Chettri, who led India at the London Olympics carries a base price tag of Rs 10 lakh (approx) while fellow goalie PR Sreejesh is priced at approximately Rs 7.5 lakh.
Till now only five bids for ownership of the franchises have been received while HIL is planning a six-team league.
The companies owning the five franchises are Delhi (Wave group), Ranchi (Patel- Uniexcel group), Punjab (Jaypee group), Lucknow (Sahara India) and Mumbai (Burman family).
Notable Indian Players under the Hammer
Base Price: Rs 10 lakh (approx): Gurbaj Singh; Shivendra Singh.
Base Price Rs 7.5 lakh (approx): Ignace Tirkey; V Raghunath; Danish Mujtaba; Gurvinder Chandi; SV Sunil; Sarvanjit Singh; Tushar Khadekar.
Base Price Rs 5 lakh (approx): Rupinder Pal Singh, Birendra Lakra, Kothajit Singh, Manpreet Singh, SK Uthappa, Yuvraj Walmiki, Nithin Thimmaiah.
- Pakistan’s dependence on Saudi Arabia stands in their way against Islamic terrorism
- Protest over the demolition of Ambedkar Bhavan reveals a divided Dalit community
- Punjab’s drug problem is a national security issue
- Simultaneous elections will allow governments to devote four years for governance
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China