Sardarpura massacre convicts move regular bail plea
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Thirty one convicts in the 2002 Sardarpura massacre case have moved regular bail petitions before the Gujarat High Court (HC).
A division bench comprising Justices K S Jhaveri and K J Thaker has issued notice to the prosecution and kept it for further hearing on January 15.
The special trial court had convicted 31 persons to life imprisonment in November, 2011. The court had also acquitted 42 persons in the case then. Following the judgment, the convicts also moved appeals against their convictions, whereas, the state government has moved appeals against acquittal of some of the 42 acquitted accused.
Now, all the convicts in the case have moved regular bail petitions.
Special public prosecutor in the case, Kishor Anandjiwala said that the court has issued notice and kept it for further hearing on January 15.
Recently, the same bench of the Gujarat High Court granted regular bail to 21 convicts in the 2002 Dipda Darwaja massacre case.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express