Sarpanch, husband booked for murder in Amritsar village
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Sitting Akali Sarpanch of Manjh village, Surjeet Kaur, and her husband Baldev Singh — a former sarpanch of the same village — were among the four persons booked on Wednesday for the murder of one Ranjit Kaur.
Parkash Singh, also a resident of Manjh village, had shot dead his wife Ranjit Kaur by pumping five bullets into her body on Wednesday.
"Parkash Singh was involved in a domestic violence and divorce case with Ranjit Kaur. The victim was on her way to an Ajnala court in connection to a hearing when the accused shot her dead," Lopoke SHO Yadwinder Singh said.
The victim was a resident of Bhittewadh village, Amritsar (Rural) SSP Preetpaul Singh said.
A case of murder has been registered against Parkash Singh, Surjeet Kaur, Baldev Singh and two others.
Ranjit Kaur was on her way to the court with her five-year old son.
The accused took the son with him after killing Kaur, said police.