Sarpanch, husband booked for murder in Amritsar village
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Sitting Akali Sarpanch of Manjh village, Surjeet Kaur, and her husband Baldev Singh — a former sarpanch of the same village — were among the four persons booked on Wednesday for the murder of one Ranjit Kaur.
Parkash Singh, also a resident of Manjh village, had shot dead his wife Ranjit Kaur by pumping five bullets into her body on Wednesday.
"Parkash Singh was involved in a domestic violence and divorce case with Ranjit Kaur. The victim was on her way to an Ajnala court in connection to a hearing when the accused shot her dead," Lopoke SHO Yadwinder Singh said.
The victim was a resident of Bhittewadh village, Amritsar (Rural) SSP Preetpaul Singh said.
A case of murder has been registered against Parkash Singh, Surjeet Kaur, Baldev Singh and two others.
Ranjit Kaur was on her way to the court with her five-year old son.
The accused took the son with him after killing Kaur, said police.