Sarpanch, husband booked for murder in Amritsar village
- Sena likens Kulkarni to Ajmal Kasab; Uddhav felicitates attackers
- India hits back, says don't need Pakistan lecture on pluralism
- CBI arrests Bank of Baroda AGM, forex ops chief
- China operationalises $1.5 bn dam on Brahmaputra in Tibet
- Salman Rushdie rubbishes criticism by 'Modi Toadies', says he is against 'thuggish violence'
Sitting Akali Sarpanch of Manjh village, Surjeet Kaur, and her husband Baldev Singh — a former sarpanch of the same village — were among the four persons booked on Wednesday for the murder of one Ranjit Kaur.
Parkash Singh, also a resident of Manjh village, had shot dead his wife Ranjit Kaur by pumping five bullets into her body on Wednesday.
"Parkash Singh was involved in a domestic violence and divorce case with Ranjit Kaur. The victim was on her way to an Ajnala court in connection to a hearing when the accused shot her dead," Lopoke SHO Yadwinder Singh said.
The victim was a resident of Bhittewadh village, Amritsar (Rural) SSP Preetpaul Singh said.
A case of murder has been registered against Parkash Singh, Surjeet Kaur, Baldev Singh and two others.
Ranjit Kaur was on her way to the court with her five-year old son.