Sarpanch, husband booked for murder in Amritsar village
Sitting Akali Sarpanch of Manjh village, Surjeet Kaur, and her husband Baldev Singh — a former sarpanch of the same village — were among the four persons booked on Wednesday for the murder of one Ranjit Kaur.
Parkash Singh, also a resident of Manjh village, had shot dead his wife Ranjit Kaur by pumping five bullets into her body on Wednesday.
"Parkash Singh was involved in a domestic violence and divorce case with Ranjit Kaur. The victim was on her way to an Ajnala court in connection to a hearing when the accused shot her dead," Lopoke SHO Yadwinder Singh said.
The victim was a resident of Bhittewadh village, Amritsar (Rural) SSP Preetpaul Singh said.
A case of murder has been registered against Parkash Singh, Surjeet Kaur, Baldev Singh and two others.
Ranjit Kaur was on her way to the court with her five-year old son.
The accused took the son with him after killing Kaur, said police.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties