Sarpanch shot dead by suspected militants in J-K
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Suspected militants today shot dead a sarpanch in Sopore township of Baramulla district in north Kashmir.
Habibullah Mir, who was affiliated with the Congress, was shot in the neck by the unidentified militants at his home in Goripora village, 52 kms from here, at around 12.20 pm, a police spokesman said.
Mir was rushed to a sub-district hospital where he subsequently died, the spokesman said.
This is the first attack on a panchayat member by militants this year.
- To attract more bidders, UT may make changes in excise policy this year
- AAP rally draws tepid response as senior leaders give it a miss
- Jaitley versus Captain: Hard fight, harder to call
- Attack on teachers, medical staff: Maoists say sorry for ‘lapse’
- Swamp of Muslim candidates may upset Congress applecart
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route