Sarpanch shot dead by suspected militants in J-K
- The shrinking of Smriti Irani
- J&K LIVE: Amarnath Yatra resumes, Rajnath Singh assures Mehbooba Mufti all help from Centre
- Under IT, ED scanner, Sanjay Bhandari stopped from boarding UK flight
- Government to IB: Carry out strict checks on collegium names
- Five of 15 Muslims missing from Kerala had converted to Islam just a year ago
Suspected militants today shot dead a sarpanch in Sopore township of Baramulla district in north Kashmir.
Habibullah Mir, who was affiliated with the Congress, was shot in the neck by the unidentified militants at his home in Goripora village, 52 kms from here, at around 12.20 pm, a police spokesman said.
Mir was rushed to a sub-district hospital where he subsequently died, the spokesman said.
- Economic reforms: In the next 25 years we have a good chance of wiping out poverty completely
- This new fight between good and evil is going to be long and bloody
- The origins of the Brexit vote, indeed of the need to call the Referendum, lie in the recent past of the Conservative Party
- Smriti Irani’s downfall came about largely because she had alienated most of her Cabinet colleagues
- Let’s celebrate Madras HC verdict on Perumal Murugan. But do we need the court to allow us to tell stories?
- Sabri’s killing gives a measure of how Pakistan has allowed the city to drift