Sartaj shines in SDCC-32 victory
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Sartaj architected the victory of SDCC-32 team over Chandigarh Police as he contributed 15 points in their 57-31 victory over the latter in the men's section on the second day of the Senior State basketball championship being played at New Public School, Sector 18.
Sartaj showed great agility on number of occasions and mesmerised the Chandigarh Police hoopsters with his skills as the SD-32 team took an unassailable 47-11 lead in the first half.
However, the Chandigarh Police outfit made remarkble recovery in the second half and just allowed the SD-32 team to add ten more points to the tally while they scored 20 points. Sabin contributed nine points for the losing team.
Meanwhile, CRPF defeated DAV Club, 69-45, in a highly entertaining encounter. Riding high on Balraj's 23 points, the CRPF team were ahead by 36-25 in the first half. Apart from Balraj, it was Ashfaq who scored 16 points for the winning team. Akshit and Gurjashandeep contributed 14 and 12 points respectively for the DAV Club.
In the women's section, GNPSC prevailed over PG GC-11 by 43-335 in a thilling encounter. The GNPSC team was leading by 26-14 in the first half. Amanjot top scored for the team with 13 points. Harpreet chipped in with 15 points for PG GC-11 but her effort was not enough to see the team through.
In another exciting encounter, GGSCW Club got the better of PGGCG- 11 by 55-37. The half time score was in GGSCW's favour as they were leading by 24-22. Harkiran was the main scorer for the team with 18 points.