Sasha Obama's mighty yawn goes viral
- Espionage racket with ISI links busted in Jammu, Kolkata; BSF jawan among five arrested
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to attend UN climate summit
- Nepal releases 13 SSB personnel after brief detention
- Turkey to hand over body of dead Russian pilot to Moscow: PM
- Bhushan challenges Kejriwal for public debate on Lokpal Bill
While millions of eyes were trained on her Big Daddy as he delivered his inauguration speech, the young Sasha Obama was briefly caught on the wrong foot – giving out a big yawn in the middle of the address -- an image that has now gone viral on social networking sites.
All of 11, the youngest Obama sat through the President's nearly 20 minutes address with her 14-year-old elder sister Malia and their mother Michelle, clapping and cheering in between the address.
But as her father talked about the importance of moving ahead as one nation in his address after being sworn in for a second term as US President, Sasha let out a big yawn.
Cameras panned over to Sasha, her sister and mother and captured her yawning and clapping as Obama paused briefly after saying, "No single person can train all the math and science teachers we'll need to equip our children for the future, or build the roads and networks and research labs that will bring new jobs and businesses to our shores. Now, more than ever, we must do these things together, as one nation, and one people."
The image of the young Obama, wearing a blue overcoat and gloves, and yawning has gone viral on the Internet with micro-blogging sites abuzz with posts of adoration for the display of normalcy from the First Daughter during one of the most important and closely-watched moments for her President father.
A Twitter post read, "In today's news, Sasha Obama yawns a ginormous yawn during her dad's speech. #weunderstand #neverliveitdown." Another netizen said, "Best part of the inauguration: Sasha's GIANT "Dad you're boring me "yawn," while a separate message posted on the micro-blogging site said, "Sasha's yawn was priceless" and "Sasha just let out a big yawn during her fathers speech notoriously funny. Stealing
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner
- Detained at IFFI: You can chain our hands, but you can't choke our voices
- How 'secular', 'socialist' came to be part of Constitution, and why they remain
- Next door Nepal: Blaming the neighbour
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past